Zie dit briljante artikel waar Scott Adams (je weet wel, van Dilbert) wordt geïnterviewd (en reclame zendtijd krijgt voor zijn nieuwste boek) :
Mijn favoriete quotes :
- "the best loan customer is someone who has no passion whatsoever, just a desire to work hard at something that looks good on a spreadsheet"
- "it's easy to be passionate about things that are working out, and that distorts our impression of the importance of passion."
- "the idea that one should have a system instead of a goal"
- "To put it bluntly, goals are for losers."
- "goal-oriented people exist in a state of nearly continuous failure that they hope will be temporary."
- "If you drill down on any success story, you always discover that luck was a huge part of it. You can't control luck, but you can move from a game with bad odds to one with better odds."
- "To be fair to Nietzsche, he probably meant the word "stronger" to include anything that makes you more capable. I'd ask him to clarify, but ironically he ran out of things that didn't kill him."